Thursday, July 13, 2006

No pictures yet, but....

Yeah, I know, I was supposed to take lots of pictures, and I have taken some, but haven't had the time to figure out how to load it all on the computer and post it...but I will have lots when I get back home, that's for sure!

So, the exciting news of the day is that I will be singing with the AIMS Graz orchestra on three concerts starting August 2, 2006. :) I got a little note in my box saying, "Please come down to the operetta room." Mind you, those in the operetta room are VERY high energy. So, I walked in there and they said, "We'd like for you to sing on our orchestra concert of Strauss's 'Zigeunerbaron'!" Woo hoo! So, right there, after I went and made a copy of the music and had MAYBE five minutes to look over the 3 stanzas of text, I sight read through it with Vicki King and Dorit Hanak. I didn't do half bad either. :) Soooo.....yeah. Cool, eh?

Ummm....I had a good sandwich today...avocado, turkey, lettuce and gouda cheese. I know that doesn't sound too impressive, but it was SO cool to actually find avocado. The produce has been less than impressive here. Also, I had an authentic Styrian specialty yesterday, bought by an authentic Austrian. His name is Alexander. Very nice. He took Nishi and I to a wurst stand. I got to try her Curry Wurst. Very good. I was going to order it for myself, but Alexander stepped in and said he'd order for me the Styrian Specialty. It was Kase Wurst or something like that. There was this HUGE dallop of mustard on the side. Now those who know me, know that I DEFINITELY don't eat mustard, but I couldn't refuse or turn him down, as that would be rude. So You take the wurst, dip it in the mustard, and then dip it in some shredded cheese and enjoy. It actually wasn't that bad! :) And he was sly and paid for us too, which was really nice. Mmmmmm...Wurst.

Oh yeah, I'm singing at a castle with the AIMS choral, which is a bunch of soloists wanting to be heard. :P But it'll be fun. We sing in the morning at some sort of coronation thingy at a University building. Oh, and we get free lunch. SCORE! Then at night, we get all dressed up in pretty gowns n stuff and we will be bussed off to a castle not normally open to the public (We were invited!). It will be lit only by candlelight inside, and I hear it is just magnificent! I'll take pictures.

Sehr toll! (Very cool)

Okay, that's good for now. I'll write more when I know more. Love you guys!

Resa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unbelieveable!!!!and HORRAY for you. It should be very exciting..Enjoy every minute of it. Luv you

Anonymous said...

Last entry was Mom